International Medical Fund for Higher Education
made possible by Soroosh Mahboubi, MD, FACR - Department of Radiology at the Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia
- To fund individuals in Pediatric Radiology or related research disciplines outside of the USA who are seeking an opportunity to advance their expertise in Pediatric Radiology and related clinical research in the Department of Radiology at the Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia.
- This grant is intended to fund recipient’s expenses for 2 months.
- The overall goal of this program is to develop teachers and educational leaders in Pediatric Radiology who can effectively share their knowledge with their radiology community upon return to their homeland.
Nature of GRANTS
- Grants will be given to any applicant outside the USA who can demonstrate an interest in advancement expertise as an educational resource for Pediatric Radiology when they return to their homeland.
- Up to $4,000.00 US Dollars will be given to the recipient for travel and living accommodations for 2 months in Philadelphia.
Nature of Projects
Clinically related Pediatric Radiology activities as observers or in research projects in Pediatric Radiology
- Applicants from developing countries are particularly encouraged to apply
- Applications are accepted from indivuals throughout the world, but are preferred from countries that are not advanced in Pediatric Radiology.
- Applicants must hold an MD degree or equivalent and Medical Students should be interested in pursuing Pediatric Radiology.
- Applicants/co-principal investigator must not be an agent for a profit commercial company.
Selection of Applicant
All applications should include the following documents:
- Application letter/Statement from the applicant that describes the applicant’s qualifications, professional aspirations and goals for coming to CHOP
- Current curriculum vitae
- Letter of support from their Chairman outlining the candidate’s leadership
- Candidates plan to share their learning upon return to their country
For more information, contact:
SOROOSH MAHBOUBI MD FACR
Professor of Radiology and Pediartics
University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine
The Children Hospital of Philadelphia
34th street and Civic Boulevard
Philadelphia PA 19104-4399
267 -425 -7106 FAX 2674257141