2012 - 2013 Committees
The Honors Committe is composed of the three most recent past presidents. The most senior of the three serves as chair. The Committee is charged with identifying the recipients of the Society's awards: the Gold Medal, the Honorary member, the Presidential Recognition Award and the Singleton Taybi Award.
The Honors Committee, chaired by Dr. M. Ines Boechat seeks nominations for these 2013 SPR awards:
- The Gold Medal is awarded to a member of SPR who has made outstanding contributions to the care of children, to pediatric radiology, and to our society.
- Honorary membership is conferred on any individual who has made an outstanding contribution to the care of children through scientific innovations which impact pediatric radiology. Usually, this is a person not otherwise eligible for membership in the society.
- The Presidential Recognition Award is given to a person, usually a member, whom the Society desires to recognize for his/her exemplary service to our society.
- The Singleton-Taybi Award is given in honor of Edward Singleton and in memory of Hooshang Taybi in recognition of their personal commitment to the educational goals of the SPR. Initiated in 2006, the Award is presented annually to a senior member of the SPR whose professional lifetime dedication to the education of medical students, residents, fellows, and colleagues has brought honor to him/her and to the discipline of pediatric radiology.
Click HERE to review prior recipients of the Society's honors.
Process and timeline:
- to September 21: Call for Nominations (mailings and email newsletters)
- September 24: Nominations submitted to Honors Committee members
- October 16 - Awardees selected by conference call(s)
- October 22 - Committee Reports to Board
- late October: Awardees(s) and nominators notified, biographers determined.
Send your letters (emails) of nominations by September 21 to Honors committee chair, Dr. M. Ines Boechat c/o the SPR office.