Image Gently - Digital Radiography Educational Materials
BACK TO BASICS - What does that mean?
To learn more, print the BASICS acronym by clicking here for a poster to use in your department as an image analysis tool.
The Image Gently Digital Radiography writer's group has created the parent brochure entitled X-rays for Children: What Parents Should Know About Radiation Protection in Medical Imaging". This full color brochure was designed to be printed locally and distributed to parents and patients. Click here to download this valuable resource now.
POWER POINT PRESENTATIONS
The Image Gently Digital Radiography work group has created several Power Point presentations to help you in your work with pediatric patients. Note that you will need to complete an online form to download these presentations.
- Image Gently Back to Basics Digital Radiography campaign overview
- Back to Basics Immobilization: Tips for CR/DR Imaging studies -suggestions to assist the medical professional to handle the challenges pediatric patients
- Image Gently: Using Exposure Indicators to improve pediatric digital radiography
- Image Gently Back to Basics Ten steps to help manage radiation dose in pediatric digital radiography
- Image Gently: An overview of digital imaging systems
- Best Practices in Digital Radiography - first author Tracy L. Herrmann, M.Ed., R.T.(R) is a member of the Image Gently DR Committee. This white paper appears in the September 2012 Issue of Radiologic Technology, Volume 84, Number 1. Shared here with permission from ASRT.
Image Gently: Using Exposure Indicators To Improve Pediatric Digital Radiography - an ASRT Special Report written by Quentin T Moore, MPH, R.T.(R)(T)(QM) and the Image Gently DR Writer's group. This article is featured in the September 2012 Issue of Radiologic Technology, Volume 84, Number 1. Shared here with permission from ASRT.
CR/DR Summit - February 2010
In February of 2010 a CR/DR Vendor Summit was held at Mallinckrodt Institute of Radiology at Washington University School of Medicine in St. Louis, MO. Click here to listen to presentations given at this informative meeting or select one of the individual links below.
Welcome - R. Gilbert Jost, MD (3:04)
Image Gently Introduction - Marilyn J. Goske, MD (12:15)
Overview: State of Confusion - Steven Don, MD (13:32)
Technical Issues - J. Anthony Seibert, PhD, FAAPM (15:05)
Image Quality - Eliot L. Siegel, MD, FSIIM (15:33)
Dose Index Registry - Richard L. Morin, PhD, FAAPM (15:22)
IHE & Radiation Exposure Monitoring - Kevin O’Donnell, MS (18:21)