Image Gently - International Resources
Participants at the March 2013 technical meeting on justification in referral guidelines hosted in Vienna by the IAEA. Image Getnly was represented by Dr. Kimberly Applegate.
ICRP Publication 121: Radiological Protection in Paediatric Diagnostic and Interventional Radiology.
This publication aims to provide guiding principles of radiological protection for referring clinicians and clinical staff performing diagnostic imaging and interventional procedures for paediatric patients. It begins with a brief description of the basic concepts of radiological protection, followed by the general aspects of radiological protection, including principles of justification and optimisation. View the publication by clicking here.
Image Gently Panel: International Perspectives on Radiation Protection for Children
At the 2010 meeting of the Society for Pediatric Radiology, the Alliance hosted an international panel discussion. The objective? To gain a perspective on the global challenges and opportunities for pediatric radiation safety. View the presentations here:
- Introduction - Marilyn J. Goske, MD
- Opening Remarks - Kimberly Applegate, MD
- Australia and New Zealand - Timothy M. Cain, MBBS
- International Perspectives - Donald P. Frush, MD
- Asia - Oceania - Hyun Woo Goo, MD
- Brazil - Henrique Lederman, MD, PhD
- Chile - Ximena Ortega, MD
- UK Perpectives - Catherine Owens, MD